Saturday, August 11, 2012

Lessons 2-4


August 11th, 14th, & 18th 2012

Out of the round pen; I only stayed in it one day. However during these rides I was on the lunge line a good part of the lesson as I am still in the phase of getting used to the horse, Helena. Still, my feet slide around the irons too much. We also did a little canter work. My instructor said I have a decent seat at the canter! However the issue is getting into the canter. Helena and I’s transitions are… quite bouncy. She runs into the canter which makes for an uncomfortable trot. This is due to my inexperience of course. If I was sharper with my signals and maybe if I learned a proper half-halt, the transition would be much smoother. 

Towards the end of these lessons I was let off the lunge to walk on the rail, I discovered another issue… I have issues keeping her on the rail! Big time!

Maintain: Once again, my confidence and my eagerness.
Improve: Heels down, posting without looking at my diagonals, relax legs, fix foot from moving around so much, and learn to keep the horse on the rail.

No comments:

Post a Comment