Saturday, August 25, 2012

Lesson 6


On this lesson, Tina and I went on a trail ride. I rode the lovely Helena of course while she rode her 28 year old, very spunky, Morgan mare named Dawn.  Awesome morning. Weather was nice and cool with a gentle breeze. We went through a few desert trails and washes at a trot. This helped me tremendously. I was about the get a good rhythm with Helena’s trot, despite it being outside the arena.
                When we got back to the barn, we did do a little arena work. The biggest thing we worked on was staying on the rail, which Tina assisted me with by pushing Helena on the rail with Dawn! And when I have that rhythmic trot I can relax my leg and my foot doesn’t slip around the irons as much. It worked and I got that good, comfortable rhythmic trot that we had on the trail. All in all an excellent day that left me feeling great.

Maintain: Rhythmic trot, improvement on feet moving around.
Improve: Feet! They still need to be solid and still, but it’s getting better. I also need to work on control still but it’s getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment