Saturday, September 29, 2012

Lesson 16

A good lesson and another video taken!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45zqL9bQs84&feature=youtu.be

I don't have too much to say about this ride- it was decent. Through the video I can see that my posting is improving. It is getting softer and more natural. My position has also improved. I still get a chair seat at times, however my leg is staying back much better than in weeks before.

I also learned that it's ok for my heels to NOT be visually shoved down as so many riders seem to believe. Yes, my weight needs to be in my heels and my toes should not be down, however after some research it seems that it's the Hunter/Jumper crowd who believes your heels should be shoved down. That said, I still need to improve my leg position.

In the canter, I tend to rock my entire body too much. However my transitions are improving.

Maintain:Soft post, leg position, confidence.
Improve: Canter transitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment